Hey hey! I’m home from an AMAZING vacay in Corolla, North Carolina. I wish I could go back, I miss my cousins, aunts & uncles already 😦 Going from a house with 24 people to a house with 4 is such a drastic change. It’s so quiet at my house compared to how it was, and I miss there being people to talk to and there ALWAYS being something going on. I also miss the fact that the most important decision I had to make everyday was whether to go to the beach or the pool first. aaah, that was the life.
Before I left I posted healthy travel tips. Truth is, I ate pretty much nothing but junk the whole vacation, and only really exercised twice. And even though I did gain some weight, I’m fine with that. Because you know what? I had a great time. Obviously, I’m not going to continue eating chocolate chip pancakes and, tortilla chips, and brownies everyday. This vacation seemed to be exactly what I needed on my mission to let go of my harsh eating rules, and it was very refreshing! I actually felt like a normal eater, and ate what the rest of my family was eating (except meat, of course).
Here are some miscellaneous pics from my week in the Outer banks:
1. The view from deck at our beach house. The beach was just a short walk away.
2. Two of my cousins & I out on the deck.
3. A day at the beach (I’m in the corner 😉
4. Again at the beach with two of my cousins
5. Our family photo. Each individual family, 5 families total–my dad has 4 siblings, wore a certain color (well actually 2 families ended up in navy blue somehow…). My family was in yellow, but since my brother couldn’t make the trip this week due to work, we only had 3 yellows 😦
6. Chillin’ in the pool. This picture could have been taken any day of the week. Those floating things were seriously the BEST.
7. Go-karting. I still don’t understand why driving cars that go waaaay slower than actual cars are worth while. These cars probably went about 20 mph but were so dang fun, maybe because I was racing with the majority of my family.
Oh and my family and I are looking into rental houses for next year already and are considering different areas. We have done North Carolina for the past 4 years. If anyone has any recommendations for vacation homes that can accomodate about 23 people, that would be great. Preferably places that are near a lake, river or ocean. We want to try new places, but it’s hard to find homes that can fit all of us, so let me know! 😀
Do you have a annual family vacation? What’s your favorite vacation spot thus far?