- It is so great how much rain we have been getting in southern California. I can’t even recall a time where we’ve gotten the amount of rain that we have this winter.
- People LOVE to pressure you to drink. I already knew this but it’s so weird how people do this. My boyfriend and I went to a 21st birthday party on Saturday and neither of us felt like drinking that night. I am not kidding when I say that almost everyone came up to us and asked “Why aren’t you drinking??!!” or “Let me make you a drink!” or “Come on!! take a shot with meeeee.” I felt like I was committing a crime because people were so concerned about the fact that we weren’t drinking, even though we were enjoying ourselves without any alcohol. I never have understood why people have such a strong urge to pressure other people to drink. If you want to drink, I have no problem with it and I’m not saying I’ll never drink again but that particular night I just didn’t feel like it.
- I was supposed to go to Disneyland on Friday buuuuut it was pouring rain, so it was mutually decided that it probably wouldn’t be very fun to stand in lines in the rain. So we’re postponing the trip until this Friday. Yay.
- We finally got our sh*t together and took down our Christmas tree.
- I saw “Patriot’s Day” and it was sooo good. I thoroughly enjoyed it and shed a bunch of tears. All in all, I had a good weekend. What did YOU do this weekend?!
Well first off, my name is Shelby. I’m 19, and am a community college student in Los Angeles (born and raised). I am an undecided major, trying to decide between Pre-med and nutritional sciences. I am a proud vegetarian and have been since I was in the eighth grade (5 years). I know, I know writing (and reading) introductions is always awkward, so I apologize. But, bear with me while I get this blog started up.
I have been reading nutrition and healthy living blogs since last Fall and never thought of making one myself. That is until my mom told me that I should. I told her, “No one would want to read about my life”. I still think I’m right, but hey, there’s no harm in trying.
Anyways, I love food because it’s so good. But, I also hate food because it’s so good. Thus, sometimes I eat way too much of it. I am trying to figure out how to become less neurotic about what I eat, and am learning to let myself indulge and not feel guilty. (Hello eating peanut butter by the spoonful!) I need to learn that my life will go on if I eat a slice of cake. I am still learning so join me while I try to let go of eating for perfection and start eating to live and enjoy.
Do any of you have a love-hate relationship with food? Do you feel guilty when you let yourself indulge in a food that is not particularly “healthy”?