1. I have been SO damn hungry the past few weeks. I’m attributing this crazy hunger to the stress from my new job. But seriously, I eat and eat and eat and still don’t feel satisfied. and then I get pissed at myself for eating so much, which stresses me out even more, so naturally, I eat more. It’s an extremely vicious cycle, and it needs to end.
2. It’s too hot to do anything. I need Fall. now. I’m a little too excited for cold (AKA 60 degree) weather, pumpkin scented things, the holidays, and wearing sweaters, boots, and scarves. Here is the forecast for the next 6 days. Barf.
3. I have just started reading “Food and Loathing: A Lament”. So far, it’s really good. It’s about a woman who has struggled with her weight all her life (including binge eating and practically starving herself along with yo-yo dieting) and formerly believed that being skinny was the way to perfection. I checked it out from the library yesterday and am on page 76 already.
4. I am going to be attending two different community colleges this year. I am only taking one class at one of the colleges, which starts this wednesday! Is it weird that I’m actually looking forward to taking that class (a nutritional science class)?!! I guess I’m a nerd. I’m not going to be so excited when my 5 other classes start at my other community college. But for 2 weeks or so, the nutritional science class will be my main focus which will be nice.
5. I just bought “Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012” for Kinect on the Xbox 360. I was kind of skeptical that a game could actually make me sweat. Boy, was I wrong. Some of those workouts are super intense. My faves are the bootcamp, kickboxing, and run the world workouts. I haven’t tried all the workouts yet because there are A LOT, but I’m excited to. They have everything from yoga to hip hop dancing to jump roping to workouts targeting specific areas (butt, legs, arms, abs, etc). I’m actually pretty sore today from it. I’lI do a more thorough review after I have tried more of the workouts. So far, I really like it.