- It is so great how much rain we have been getting in southern California. I can’t even recall a time where we’ve gotten the amount of rain that we have this winter.
- People LOVE to pressure you to drink. I already knew this but it’s so weird how people do this. My boyfriend and I went to a 21st birthday party on Saturday and neither of us felt like drinking that night. I am not kidding when I say that almost everyone came up to us and asked “Why aren’t you drinking??!!” or “Let me make you a drink!” or “Come on!! take a shot with meeeee.” I felt like I was committing a crime because people were so concerned about the fact that we weren’t drinking, even though we were enjoying ourselves without any alcohol. I never have understood why people have such a strong urge to pressure other people to drink. If you want to drink, I have no problem with it and I’m not saying I’ll never drink again but that particular night I just didn’t feel like it.
- I was supposed to go to Disneyland on Friday buuuuut it was pouring rain, so it was mutually decided that it probably wouldn’t be very fun to stand in lines in the rain. So we’re postponing the trip until this Friday. Yay.
- We finally got our sh*t together and took down our Christmas tree.
- I saw “Patriot’s Day” and it was sooo good. I thoroughly enjoyed it and shed a bunch of tears. All in all, I had a good weekend. What did YOU do this weekend?!
In my “About Me” section and in past posts, I’ve given so much power to my previous eating-disorders and talked as if my eating-disorders are all that I’m about. Although having struggles with food in the past has/is definitely been a prominent part of my life, it is not all I am. I am more than my eating-disorders. I’d like to tell you more about who I am as a person.
I have a big heart. I am an extremely caring person and empathetic person. I care way too much about others and can feel others’ emotional pain, almost as if it’s my own. I get told that I’m “too nice” all the time. I cry often during movies and TV shows. I smile all the time and laugh a lot (and loudly). I think basic manners, like saying “please” and “thank you” are extremely important. I’m vegan because I love animals and I don’t agree with supporting such a cruel industry. I have a dog and a cat whom I love dearly. I love my parents and my older brother. I love my boyfriend, and we’ve been together 2.5 years. I love to train and lift weights. I’m an introvert. I want to either go to nursing school and get my BSN or a Bachelor’s in nutritional science. I rarely drink and don’t really like to party or go to bars. I love to be outdoors and do things like hiking and camping. Training and working out is my therapy and I love being strong.
There’s more to me than a history of eating disorders.